The redirect tool in cPanel will allow you to redirect your website visitors from a source URL to a destination URL.
How to set up a redirect
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the "Domains" section, click on the "redirect" icon.
- In the drop-down menu, select the type of redirect you are going to use.
- From the "http: (www.) //" From the drop-down menu, select the domain name that you would like to redirect.
- If you would like to redirect a single page or directory, you can use the attached text field and enter the name of the folder or file.
- In the "redirect to", enter the full URL of the page you are redirected to
- Select one of the following redirect options:
-Redirect only with www. It only redirects visitors who type www as part of the URL.
-Redirect with or without www. Redirect all visitors, regardless of whether they use www or not.
-Not Redirect with www. It does not redirect visitors who use www as part of the URL.
8. Clicking on "wildcard redirect" allows users to configure a redirect to the same file in a new destinatio
9. Click Add to create the redirect as specified.
Now when visitors type in the exact URL you specified, they will be redirected to the destination site you have assigned.